The most common reason to perform a factory reset on any mobile device is having forgotten your password, but whatever your reason, we’ve got you covered. The process involves a little bit of technical expertise, but we'll show you how to do it—even if you don't know the password.
But first things first. You really must always maintain a recent backup of the data on your phone. Not only is there the possibility that something will go wrong during this process, causing you to lose all your data, but most of the following factory reset operations are actually intended to erase the data. You don’t want to buy a new device and have no data to import!
Now, let us proceed through five Factory Reset options.
Option 1 – Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 Factory ResetBe careful when you use the Factory Reset option, because it will erase all of your settings and delete every bit of data on your phone. The process is actually intended to revert everything on your phone to its original factory settings, so after this, it will be like the day you first bought your Vodafone Smart Platinum 7.
Here are the steps for employing the Factory Reset procedure:
- 1. Go to the Settings screen on your phone.
- 2. Navigate to the General Management section and click on Reset.
- 3. Next, scroll down until you find “Factory Data Reset” and click that.
- 4. You will then be asked to enter your PIN or Password to ensure you are authorized to perform this operation.
- 5. Finally, click on “Delete All,” and the process is complete.
Option 2 – Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 Soft ResetA Soft Reset is when you reboot the phone without making any changes to the phone’s settings. The most common time to employ a Soft Reset is when the device is simply not responding – like a frozen screen or the buttons are not doing anything. You can think of a Soft Reset as being similar to how you clear the cache on an internet browser.
Here are the easy steps involved in the Soft Reset of your Vodafone Smart Platinum 7.
- 1. Look at the side of your phone that has the Power and Volume controls. Now press the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time and keep them pressed for 5 to 10 seconds.
- 2. When your device restarts, release the buttons, and you should be good to go.
Option 3 – Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 Reset Data in Recovery ModeYou can always reset your phone in recovery mode. This method is particularly useful when your device is caught in what is known as a “boot loop,” preventing you from accessing the device.
Here are the steps:
- 1. Press and hold the power button and tap the screen where it says “Power Off.”
- 2. Now, press and hold both the Volume Up button and the Power button at the same time. Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 animation logo should display, at which time, you can release the buttons.
- 3. Next, use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate, highlight the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option, then press the Power button.
- 4. Then, the phone will ask if you're sure that you want to delete all the data on your phone. Again, use the Volume buttons to highlight “Yes,” and press the Power button to select it. As with the option above, when the factory reset process is complete, you can restart the device and proceed from there.
Option 4: Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 Factory Reset AppThis Factory Reset solution will employ our Factory Reset App. Use a reliable, compatible USB cable to connect your Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 to your computer, and follow the instructions on the screen to factory reset Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 without a password.
Here are the steps:
- 1. Click the “Download” button below to download our specially developed Factory Reset App. Install and open the app on your computer. Once the app is open, use the USB cable to connect your Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 to the computer. Click on “Next” and the process will begin.
- 2. The app is designed to first identify the firmware version currently at use on your phone, then search Vodafone Smart Platinum 7’s database to find the latest updated version that will allow you to Factory Reset the device. Click on “Download Firmware” to initiate the downloading process so the app can begin this process.
- 3. The downloading may take as long as 10 minutes. As mentioned, what the app is actually doing is: searching the database for a certain firmware update, and downloading, verifying and installing that update.
- 4. When the app has successfully located and downloaded the needed update, click the “Factory Reset” option. Please expect another short delay of about 3 minutes while this last process runs.
Option 5: Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 Factory Reset OnlineThis final solution is perfect for those with very limited technical skills, as it allows you to initiate a factory reset for your Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 online but without the need to download and install any third-party apps. This tool will actually work for any Android device.
Our Factory Reset Online Tool will use the IMEI (this is basically a serial number for smartphones) that you input and generate a one-time private code that will be used for verification in the course of the operation.
Here are the steps:
- 1. Click the link to be taken to our Tools page. Click the Factory Reset Online Tool. Provide your phone’s IMEI and click the Connect button. This adds the IMEI to our database for the Factory Reset process we’re about to initiate.
- 2. Next, you will answer a couple of questions: What is the brand of your phone? Is it your desire to delete ALL of the data on your phone? The answers to these questions will be programmed into the code that will be generated for you so the tool will be able to meet your needs.
- 3. Now click the button to “Generate Secret Code.” The tool generates the code and makes it available for download.
- 4. Download the secret code and follow the instructions that are provided.